GIS-based landslide susceptibility mapping using hybrid integration approaches of fractal dimension with index of entropy and support vector machine GIS-based landslide susceptibility mapping using hybrid integration approaches of fractal dimension with index of entropy and support vector machine

最小化 最大化

Vol16 No.6: 1275-1288

Title】GIS-based landslide susceptibility mapping using hybrid integration approaches of fractal dimension with index of entropy and support vector machine

Author】ZHANG Ting-yu1,4; HAN Ling1*; ZHANG Heng1;ZHAO Yong-hua1; LI Xi-an2; ZHAO Lei3

Addresses】1 School of Earth Science and Resources, Chang'an University, Key Laboratory of Degraded and Unutilized Land Remediation Engineering, Ministry of Land and Resources, Shaanxi Provincial Key Laboratory of Land Rehabilitation, Xi'an 710064, China; 2 School of Geological and Surveying & Mapping Engineering, Chang'an University, Xi'an 710064, China; 3 Shaanxi Provincial Land Engineering Construction Group, Xi'an 710075, China; 4 College of Geology & Environment, Xi'an University of Science and Technology, Xi'an 710054, China

Corresponding author】HAN Ling

Citation】Zhang TY, Han L, Zhang H, et al. (2019) GIS-based landslide susceptibility mapping using hybrid integration approaches of fractal dimension with index of entropy and support vector machine. Journal of Mountain Science 16(6). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11629-018-5337-z

DOI】https://doi.org/10.1007/s11629-018-5337-z

Abstract】The loess area in the northern part of Baoji City, Shaanxi Province, China is a region with frequently landslide occurrences. The main aim of this study is to quantitatively predict the extent of landslides using the index of entropy model (IOE), the support vector machine model (SVM) and two hybrid models namely the F-IOE model and the F-SVM model constructed by fractal dimension. First, a total of 179 landslides were identified and landslide inventory map was produced, with 70% (125) of the landslides which was optimized by 10-fold cross-validation being used for training purpose and the remaining 30% (54) of landslides being used for validation purpose. Subsequently, slope angle, slope aspect, altitude, rainfall, plan curvature, distance to rivers, land use, distance to roads, distance to faults, normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI), lithology, and profile curvature were considered as landslide conditioning factors and all factor layers were resampled to a uniform resolution. Then the information gain ratio of each conditioning factors was evaluated. Next, the fractal dimension for each conditioning factors was calculated and the training dataset was used to build four landslide susceptibility models. In the end, the receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curves and three statistical indexes involving positive predictive rate (PPR), negative predictive rate (NPR) and accuracy (ACC) were applied to validate and compare the performance of these four models. The results showed that the F-SVM model had the highest PPR, NPR, ACC and AUC values for training and validation datasets, respectively, followed by the F-IOE model. Finally, it is concluded that the F-SVM model performed best in all models, the hybrid model built by fractal dimension has advantages than original model, and can provide reference for local landslide prevention and decision making.

Keywords】GIS; Landslide susceptibility; Hybrid model; Fractal dimension