Memeber:Prof. DENG Wei
Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, CAS
2001：Ph D in Physical Geography at Institute of Geochemistry, CAS;
1995: Master of Science, Changchun Institute of Geography, CAS;
1983: Bachelor of Science, Changchun College of Geology.
1983-2005: engaged in eco-hydrology research in wetland and scientific research management in the Changchun Institute of Geography, CAS.
2006-: Director of the Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, CAS.
Hydrology, water resource, ecosystem and regional development.
Performance & Honors
He has directed several national and international cooperation projects, including the State Key Fundamental Research Program (973), the National Natural Science Foundation of China, the Special Foundation for Sino-Australian Scientific and Technological Cooperation, Major Innovation Program of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
The projects in research include “Coupling Mechanism of Ecological Processes and Patterns of Water in Wetland System (973)” and “Assessment on Resources and Environment Carrying Capacity in Wenchuan Earthquake Area in Sichuan Province”.
1. Deng W (2012) Wetland：The sustainable hydrological space. Resources and environment in the Yangtze basin 21(7):831-835 (in Chinese)
2. Deng W, Bai JH, et al. (2012) Pattern evolution and hydro-ecological process of typical wetland system- taking the Huang-Huai-Hai region as an example. Science Press of China, Beijing (in Chinese)
3. Deng W et al. (2008) Wetlands patterns and water safety. In: Science Frontier and Future (Series 9) (in Chinese)
4. Deng W (2008) The Conception of Mountain Science Development in China. Bulletin of the Chinese Academy of Sciences 23(2):156-161. (in Chinese)
5. Deng W et al. (2004) Reports on the Regional Development of North-east China. Science Press of China, Beijing. (in Chinese)
6. Deng W, Zhai JL, He Y, Yu GY (2002) N, Total P, and organic matter content in floodplain soils in Xianghai Natural Reserve, China. Wetlands and Remediation II: 371-380.
7. Liu XT, Deng W, Liu JH (2006) Introduction to Swamp Science. Jilin Science and Technology Press, Changchun, China. (in Chinese)
Membership of Societies
Deputy Director of the Committee on Water Resources of China Institute of Natural Resources.
Director of the Committee on Mountain Branch of Geographical Society of China.
Director of the Committee on Mountain Resources of China Society of Natural Resources
Member of the editorial board, Journal of Mountain Science (English Edition)
Member of the editorial board, Journal of Mountain Science (Chinese Edition)
Member of the editorial board, Journal of Geographical Sciences (Chinese Edition)
Member of the editorial board, Advances in Earth Science (in Chinese)
Member of the editorial board, Wetland Science (in Chinese)
Member of the editorial board, Advances in Water Science (in Chinese)