Requirements for Special Issues
1. About the Journal of Mountain Science (JMS)
The Journal of Mountain Science (JMS), an international bimonthly English journal on mountain sciences, was founded in 2004 and has been included in the Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-E) since 2007. The SCI immediate impact factor and five year impact factor of JMS is 0.763 and 1.086 (Source: ISI-JCR, 2014).
JMS is supervised by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), sponsored by the Chengdu Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, CAS, published by Science Press China, and included in SpringerLink and distributed by Springer outside Mainland China. The fulltext can be accessed on SpringLink and CNKI
JMS is devoted to research on mountains and their surrounding lowlands - ecoregions of particular global importance, with a particular emphasis on the important highlands/ mountains.
JMS doesn't have supplement issue, but can publish special issue with one or two key topics
2. The workflow of a manuscript processing (see the JMS manuscript processing procedure.pdf )
3. Requirements for a Special Issue
(1) Manuscripts should be prepared according to the Guide to Authors. See Guide to authors.
(2) All manuscripts need to be submitted online on website. See author center at http://jms.imde.ac.cn/web/21915/author-center
(3) In the Cover Letter, the authors should add the special issue's name: "This paper is especially for XXX special issue".
(4)Manuscripts which have been published previously in English, or large parts of which have been published in other languages outside English will not be accepted by JMS.
(5) The research regions or the author distribution of the manuscripts should be internationally diversified in one special issue.
(6) All manuscripts will be subjected to anti-plagiarism checking. Total similarity index with previously published literature (including the authors' own papers published in English) over 40% or similarity index with single one literature being over 20% will be directly rejected.
(7) All manuscripts will have at least two reviewer comments and more will be required if the two reviewer comments are in opposite.
(8) All figures, graphs, charts or pictures should be clear and informative. The fonts in the figures and pictures are required to use Times New Roman and should Not be in BOLD; word sizes should be in proportion to the figures (charts, pictures), and the resolution for grey scale image is required to be 150~225dpi, and the resolution for bitmap image is 600~900dpi. All figures (including pictures, maps, ect.) are required to be in Tiff format.
(9) The journal will charge publication fee from the special issue organizers or authors but publication charge will be waivered according to paper quality and authors' countries and regions (see the waiver list at Springer).
Any questions related to special issues or manuscripts, please call or email to the JMS editorial office.